Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Incense and Fire of God.

This past Sunday the Lord had given me a message to preach on the baptism of the Holy Spirit. During the altar call I felt the Holy Spirit direct me to pray for those who hadn't received to have a deeper hunger for God. His presence was very strong as I believe He was tearing down some walls and replacing them with a hunger for more of Him.
After the night service, where the Holy Spirit moved in a sweet way, someone shared with me an unusual thing that happened that morning. We had some visitors from out of town that told one of our members that afternoon what he had experienced. He asked them if they smelled that odor during church. He said it got stronger and stronger during the service to the point he thought he would have to step out in the lobby. He said is smelled like a strong incense. Nobody with him noticed it and we don't have anything in the church that would have done this. While the member was retelling the story after the night service another minister said that just earlier while he was at the altar that he smelled something like wood burning. I was amazed to hear this. There is definately something powerful happening in the spiritual realm. Even so come Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Gary Bombard said...

I am so sorry that I did not reply to this blog before now. I was the person pastor wrote about who smelled the burning incense in your church. It is almost impossible to explain what it was like. I know while I was in your beautiful church I was in the presence of God. It excites me to hear that more people have experienced what I experienced. I believe you are on the brink of something great in God. God is preparing His bride and you are definitely part of His bride.